Aegon has shareholders and bondholders around the world. The company’s investor relations program is aimed at ensuring investors have the information they need to make sound investment decisions.
Aegon has an international shareholder base – a reflection of the global nature of the company's businesses. Approximately 85% of Aegon's shares are held by institutional investors like investment and pension funds. The remaining 15% are in the hands of individual investors. Aegon's common shares are listed on two stock exchanges: Amsterdam and New York.
Our largest single shareholder is Vereniging Aegon, an association whose role is to ensure the continuity of the company and to protect the interests of its stakeholders. At the end of 2011, Vereniging Aegon held just under 172 million common shares and all the company's outstanding preferred shares – equivalent to just under 33% of Aegon's total voting rights. Our next biggest shareholder was the US investment firm Dodge & Cox, which owns over 5% of Aegon's common stock.
Aegon shares are listed on stock exchanges in two important financial centers in the world.
Aegonoptions are traded on Euronext Amsterdam, the Chicago Board Options Exchange and the Philadelphia Stock Exchange.
Aegon has issued a stock split six times since becoming a publicly-listed company.
updated June 29, 2012
Please help us to improve our website, by completing a short survey.
© Aegon 2013
This notice should appear only the first time you visit the site.