Aegon will repurchase approximately 14 million common shares to neutralize the dilutive effect of the 2013 final dividend paid in shares.
During the dividend election period, which ran from Friday May 30 to Friday June 13, 2014, shareholders were given the opportunity to choose between receiving the final dividend of EUR 0.11 per common share in cash or common shares. 40% of shareholders have elected to receive the 2013 final dividend in stock. The remaining 60% have opted for cash dividend. As a result, 14,488,648 new common shares were issued on June 20, 2014. On 17 June 2014, Aegon announced that it will repurchase approximately 14 million common shares to neutralize the dilutive effect of the 2013 final dividend paid in shares.
Aegon has committed itself to the repurchase of the common shares by engaging a third party to execute the transactions on its behalf. The transactions will commence on June 20, 2014, and are expected to be completed on or before July 18, 2014. The common shares will be repurchased at a maximum of the daily volume-weighted average price. Aegon will provide a weekly update regarding the transactions on this website.
Number of Shares
Aegon has completed the share buyback program announced on September 17, 2013 to neutralize the dilutive effect of the 2013 interim dividend paid in shares. Between September 17, 2013 and October 14, 2013, 19,047,358 common shares were repurchased under the share buyback program, at an average price of EUR 5.6233 per share. Weekly updates of the share buyback program are available below.At the Annual General Meeting on May 21, 2014, shareholders approved the cancelation of all common shares repurchased as part of this program.
Please help us to improve our website, by completing a short survey.
© Aegon 2014
A note to our visitors
This notice should appear only the first time you visit the site.