Protection of your privacy is an important concern for Aegon N.V. ("Aegon"). For the Aegon.com website we will therefore do everything possible to make sure that your privacy is protected and safeguarded.
This privacy statement is applicable to the processing by Aegon of all personal data. If you have questions regarding the personal data Aegon processes about you in your capacity as current or potential Aegon customer, please refer to the website of your local Aegon service provider.
Protecting your personal data
At Aegon we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy statement details how Aegon processes your personal data as you provide it to us on this website.
Controller for the processing of your personal data
Aegon having its registered office at Aegonplein 50 (2591 TV), Den Haag, The Netherlands is the controller for the processing of all personal data within the scope of this privacy statement.
We may automatically process some technical data such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address to identify what companies have interacted with the website. This processing only identifies a company name and will not be used to identify an individual.
How Do We Use Your IP address?
We use your IP address to track traffic flows and to make our websites easier for you to use and to better understand how our websites are used.
Processing of personal data of Aegon job applicants
Click here to read our Privacy declaration on the processing of personal data of Aegon job applicants.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the information we collect about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Aegon collects the personal data you provide on this website:
- to help us ensure that the website operates correctly, we can better tailor the website to your needs, and make the site easier to use. We also compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how visitors use Aegon.com and to help us improve the structure of the site. If you would like to know more on the cookies we use on our website please view our cookie settings page.
- to communicate with us if you have asked us a question through our website (i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) or to register you for one of our events;
- Via the Aegon Newsletter which you may have signed up for to receive news alerts and relevant Aegon-related information; and
- via Aegon's careers website in order to assess your candidacy for possible employment opportunities within Aegon. We will use your personal data only in relation to your job application at Aegon.
Depending on the circumstances, the personal information we gather about you may include:
- email address
- description (i.e. investor, employee, analyst etc)
- resume and motivation letter
- email address
- phone number
- email address
- company name
- job title
Aegon may also invite you for other events such as Aegon's Annual General Meeting for which we also may ask you to provide us with personal information to provide you with the requested services.
Before we use any other form of personal data, you will be clearly asked to opt-in or provide your personal data at your own discretion where you wish to be contacted by Aegon. For example, to subscribe for an email alert or event, you will be requested to provide us with some of your personal data so that we may properly facilitate your request.
We work with carefully selected service providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. We only share the appropriate level of personal information necessary in relation to the services and we require them to keep the information safe and protected at all times. Any third party with whom we share information must only act on our instructions and can't use your personal information for their own purposes.
- Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures against its loss or unlawful processing. For this, we use several security technologies including secure servers and firewalls, in combination with the physical security of the Aegon location where the data are stored.
- We store the personal data that you provide to us during the employment application process. This also applies to your resume and motivation letter. We will keep your data only for a limited period of time and in accordance with our bona fide data retention policies. If you have a question on how long we will retain your data please send an email to email@example.com. What happens when you get the job and become an employee of Aegon? In that event your data becomes part of your personnel file and will also be retained in accordance with our data retention policies.
You, as a data subject, have a number of rights including:
- the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold on you. (Example; when you request this information, this is known as making a Subject Access Request (SAR). In most cases, this will be free of charge, however in some limited circumstances, for example, repeated requests for further copies, we may apply an administration fee);
- the right to have any inaccurate personal data corrected;
- the right to have any out of date personal data deleted once there is no business need or legal requirement for us to hold it;
- the right to object or restrict some processing, in limited circumstances and only when we do not have legitimate grounds for processing your personal data;
- the right to object to your personal data being used to send you marketing material. As mentioned above, generally we will only send you marketing material where you have given us your consent to do so or where we believe there is a legitimate reason for doing so. You can withdraw your consent at any time;
- the right to have personal data that you provided us with transferred to another service provider in electronic form; and
- the right to ask for a decision to be made manually, where a decision is made using automated means and this adversely impacts you.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact the Aegon Data Protection Officer.
- In order to process your request we will require (and therefore process) your name and contact details.
- If you have questions about the personal data you have provided on this website (www.Aegon.com), please send your question to the Aegon Data Protection Officer.
- If you believe we have not processed your personal data in accordance with our data protection obligations, you may file a complaint to us by contacting the Aegon Data Protection Officer. If you should find that our response is not satisfactory, you may raise a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the independent authority set up to enforce data protection regulations in the Netherlands.
This privacy statement was last updated on June 11, 2020.