Junior Portfolio Manager
Currently, we are looking for Junior Portfolio Manager Fixed Income for the Aegon Asset Management (Aegon AM) Fixed Income, LDI and Solutions team. Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then join our team!
The job in a nutshell
The Junior PM will act as operational support to the Fixed Income portfolio managers in managing our sovereign and credit portfolios. The role will enhance certain operational tasks in order to have the right information in our systems. Next to this, the candidate will partner with the team members to define optimal portfolio strategies and includes conducting top-down fundamental research and constructing portfolios with diversified risks within the relevant mandates to generate solid investment performance. This is a unique opportunity for a starter to get acquainted with the asset management business.
About the department
The Fixed Income, LDI and Solutions team is responsible for creating optimal solutions for the matching portfolios of our clients. The portfolio management section of the team is managing, evaluating and monitoring sovereign, money market, LDI and credit portfolios. The total team consists of 16 people, of which 8 are focused on the day to day portfolio management. There is a strong collaboration with other portfolio managers in the same office, as well as with the global Fixed Income team, based in the UK and the US. The team operates from our The Hague office and steers around 30 bn EUR in LDI-related assets for our clients.
This is your future job because you:
- Have a Masters degree or close to finishing;
- You are interested in working in financial markets and the asset management industry;
- Have project management skills, problem solving ability, accuracy;
- Collaborative attitude, strong communication and relationship management skills;
- Programming skills are a plus.
Inclusion & Diversity
At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global financial institution – we are a people business, and we recognise that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
What we offer / Compensation
- You will be earning between € 2750-, and € 3.500, - based on 40 hours a week and your experience.
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 27 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
- An excellent pension scheme.
Are you interested in joining the Aegon AM Fixed Income, LDI and Solutions team in The Hague? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. Online assessments are part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Diederick Kavelaars, Talent Acquisition Manager, Diederick.Kavelaars@aegon.com; +31 6 8363 2417.