Financial Analyst - FP&A
Financial Planning and Analysis is part of the Corporate Financial Center (CFC). The primary objectives of the CFC are:
- to provide the Executive Board, Management Board and Supervisory Board with meaningful financial and non-financial information
- performance monitoring, cost control and ad hoc analysis of business unit activities
- balance sheet management of the Holding companies and monitoring the capital position including adherence to the capital management policy of the business units
- external financial reporting of the group while maintain a highly efficient and effective reporting platform (for external and internal financial data) with high quality internal control procedures
- executing on all money market, debt and equity capital market transactions of the group
To help achieve this objective, the department Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for the first three objectives mentioned above. This entails delivering strong monthly and quarterly management reporting including budgeting and forecasting processes that support and promote a continuous improvement measurement process and culture. The department is also part of the approval process for new strategic initiatives across the Company and monitors the execution of these initiatives (e.g. M&A, Business Cases, Monitoring Business Plans, Improvement Initiatives). In addition, the function is responsible for balance sheet management of the Holding companies and the monitoring of the capital position, including adherence to the capital management policy, of the business units.
The team works closely together with the Financial Reporting & Control team, who are responsible for the collection and aggregation of all structured data that is used by the MI department. In addition, the department works together with other disciplines within the Corporate Center such as the Group Treasury, Group Risk, Investor Relations, Corporate Development and Transformation Office. As noted, the department works closely together with all Aegon’s business units, whereby ongoing communication and alignment with country units is essential.
Purpose of the job
As part of your role, you will be working in one of the teams but, when necessary, be flexibly deployed across the following FP&A activities:
For Management Information you are expected to:
- Responsible for parts of financial and non-financial management information at Group level
- Improve routine reporting and analysis to facilitate and highlight monthly financial variances, identifies trends vs. single events in the numbers
- Provide information and analysis to leadership teams regarding financial aspects of the businesses to facilitate internal decision taking to drive business results
- Identify and monitor key performance metrics. Look for changes needed to improve processes, systems and results
- Perform ad hoc analysis requests from Senior Management and/or the Management Board
- Assist in quarterly internal management reporting process (QBR/MBR and board reporting) and make sure good quality information is provided to Group Management Board and Supervisory Board
- Assist in the coordination of the Monthly Business Review /Quarterly Business Review process with the Executive Boards and the business units (including agenda setting, availability of relevant management information)
- Assist in the financial planning processes (BMTP/Forecasting), including development of short- and long-term plans and goals for Aegon and its subsidiaries
For Business Analysis & Control you are expected to:
- Analyse, challenge and approve all strategic initiatives, that are assigned to you by the Business Analysis and Control (BA&C) Lead, above a certain threshold in the Group
- Assist Business Units in putting together high-quality business cases with clear objectives, milestones and deliverables
- Close monitoring of the timely execution of the strategic initiatives that are assigned to you by the Business Analysis and Control (BA&C) Lead, including the successful meeting of their financial objectives
- Frequent reporting on the progress of these initiatives against targets to our boards
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis into business unit activities
- Support Merger & Acquisition related finance support
- Support in cost control activities for Corporate Center
For Capital Management you are expected to:
- Work with Capital Management (CM) lead to advice management on optimal capital structure, capital allocation strategies and related financing options through use of forecasting models and capital consumption analytics
- Including active steer on remittances from business units to the Group
- Dividends to shareholders
- Evaluate risks and benefits of the capital threats and initiatives of our business units
- Prepare input for monthly and quarterly management information of the Group capital position
- Support in drafting dividend proposals
The Ideal Candidate
- University degree in Accounting, Controlling, Business Administration, Economics or Financial Management
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience within a financial institution or financial consultancy
- Experience of IFRS 17 and knowledge of the US insurance industry are considered a plus
- You are a positive and pro-active team player, analytical and results driven.
- You have some experience in (setting up) financial models that are used in decision making processes
- You have some experience in assessing and analyzing business performance, challenging business strategies, ability to present and interpret the results of the assessment, ability to conduct complex financial research autonomously.
- Good communication skills: providing information, listening, and most importantly, convincing
- Proficient in English, both in writing and verbally
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Strong analytical skills, team worker, self-assured, good communication skills
- Accurate and detail oriented worker
- Curious yet practical – problem solver
- Able to work within tight deadlines
- Feels comfortable in changing environment
- Strong commitment
What will you be getting?
- Compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.A healthy balance between working in and out of the office. And the possibility to work (temporarily) from abroad (in agreement with your manager)
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 28 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
People are living longer, and at Aegon we are excited by the opportunities this brings. We are here for everyone who wants to make the most of their time on our planet and leave it a little better than they found it. Aegon is an integrated, diversified, international financial services group. We are here to support every stage of a long, healthy life with guidance, financial advice, and propositions. With our solutions for investment, protection, and retirement, we give people the confidence to make the right choices for their future.
To succeed in our mission, we are looking for curious, ambitious and empathic employees who dare to speak out and finish what they start. At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Enthusiastic? Apply Now!
Are you enthusiastic about this vacancy and do you think that Aegon is a good fit for you? Then we invite you to apply. Do you have any questions first? Send an email to email@example.com.
You can find more information about our application process on our website.