Fixed Income Research Analyst
Fixed Income Research Analyst
Aegon Asset Management is a leading global investor, our employees work from 13 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia. We advise on assets for a global client base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations. We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
Our people are our greatest asset, and we want Aegon Asset Management to be a place where they can bring their authentic self to work and do all they can to deliver on our strategic promises to our customers.
We help people live their best lives. We help them with the big stuff, for the moments that matter.
Working as part of our Global Credit Research Team, we are looking for a Fixed Income Research Analyst to join us either in Edinburgh, London or The Hague. Reporting to the High Yield Research team leadership, you will play a vital role in delivering initiatives designed to transform and elevate the fixed income platform in Aegon Asset Management.
As our Fixed Income Research Analyst you will be responsible for providing high quality fundamental credit research through the qualitative and quantitative analysis of high yield corporate fixed-income issuers in the industrial-related sectors. In addition, you are expected to effectively communicate fundamental views and trade recommendations to portfolio managers and other investment professionals across our platform. In addition you will:
• Provide value added fundamental analysis on the public securities of 30-40 companies within the European high yield industrial-related sectors
• Gather data, assess trends, forecast metrics, and provide outlooks on companies
• Monitor industry conditions and assess how trends and themes may affect the credit quality of companies within the sector
• Apply strong knowledge of relative value and market technical/sentiment to fundamental analysis
• Effectively communicate original, defendable, and actionable trade recommendations that generate excess returns for clients
• Maintain and publish value added content and reports on covered companies
• Develop and maintain relationships with external industry experts and counterparts
What are we looking for?
We are looking for you to have previous experience in a similar research position, showcasing your strong communication and interpersonal skills with fluency in Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, Capital IQ and/or SNL. It would also be great if you have experience and prior coverage in high yield industrial sectors.
What’s in it for you?
• A competitive salary, depending on the experience you can bring
• A non-contributory pension between 9%-13%
• A discretionary bonus, depending on personal and company performance
• 27 days leave per year (plus bank holidays, pro-rated for part-time)
We know our staff have busy lives and commitments outside work, so we work flexibly where possible and have a hybrid approach to office working (typically 2 days in the office per week and the rest from home).
We also offer private medical cover, life assurance, critical illness cover, enhanced parental leave and a variety of lifestyle benefits to help our staff live their best lives, including retail discount vouchers, cycle2work scheme, subsidised restaurant, onsite Gym (Edinburgh) and online GP appointments.
We serve a diverse, ever-changing world. It's tough, but we work tirelessly to leave things better than we find them. If that sounds like the sort of place you'd like to work, hit the "Apply" button.
Closing date: 28th September 2023
The legal bits
We’ll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK. If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing satisfactory references.