Operation Team Manager
Operations Team Manager
Location: Edinburgh (typically 2 days in the office per week, 3 from home)
Salary: A competitive salary from £29,840 - £37,300, depending on the experience you can bring
Closing date: Friday 1st March 2024
We’re a company of ambitious, collaborative, problem-solvers who get things done. We strive to make sure everyone that works for us feel seen, heard, and valued – so we’re looking for like-minded people to join us. We support colleagues to bring their whole selves to work and be part of our Inclusion and Diversity communities.
We help people live their best lives. We help them with the big stuff, for the moments that matter: Pensions, Savings, Investments. At Aegon, we strive in creating a diverse organisation that plays a meaningful role in driving greater equity, inclusion and belonging.
As a Team Manager within the Back Office Operation you will lead, engage, coach, develop and manager your team to deliver an exceptional service to all Aegon Customers.
- Deliver high quality customer service through strong leadership. Managing workflow within a team primarily tasked with supporting customers through life events.
- Ensure all direct reports are working towards or have achieve the minimum level of competences required for their role.
- Continuously review, develop, and improve team/department process/procedures.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in people management.
- Background in supporting vulnerable customers.
- Awareness of operational risk management and continuous improvement.
- Delivered excellent customer service both internally and externally.
What’s in it for you?
- A non-contributory pension between 8%-12%
- A discretionary bonus, depending on personal and company performance.
- 34 days leave per year (including bank holidays, pro-rated for part-time)
We support your personal well-being with healthcare, dental, holiday trading, cycle to work scheme and gym memberships. We also offer life assurance, critical illness cover, enhanced parental leave to help our staff live their best lives, including retail discount vouchers, subsidised restaurant and online GP appointments.
We serve a diverse, ever-changing world. It's tough, but we work tirelessly to leave things better than we find them. If that sounds like the sort of place you'd like to work, hit the "Apply" button.
The legal bits
We’ll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK. If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing satisfactory references.