Senior Actuarial Tech I
- Significant and complex data manipulation and complex calculations using macros and other programs.
- Significant analysis required on most projects.
- May mentor or supervise Actuarial Technician II.
- Has authority to sign-off on projects of smaller scope and may have authority on larger projects.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- May build projection models from scratch and reviews results.
- May review methods and results of slightly complex projection models.
- May verify and reconcile financial reporting data, prepare periodic reports for other departments with minimal supervision.
- May manage ‘non-periodic’ reporting requests and oversees programming solutions. May supervise reporting projects.
- Understands and manipulates basic actuarial concepts and formulas. May be required to train junior team members.
- May analyze and verify pricing models.
- Extracts and integrates data from various databases to analyze and develop reports and spreadsheets.
- Test both administrative systems and illustration systems
- Collaborate with various areas of the company to ensure broad product understanding and correct implementation.
- Support requirement gathering, test planning, and test execution - specifically related to product calculations.
- Utilize different systems to track requirements, defects, and test case management. (e.g., JIRA)
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics or relevant area or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Understands relevant industry regulations.
- Strong PC skills including Excel and VBA.
- Strong mathematical skills and statistical aptitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Knowledge of topics covered in SOA courses. (Actuarial exams are not required).
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Highly analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities within deadlines.
- An understanding of agile and waterfall project methodologies
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $67,500 - $80,000 annually . This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
This position is also typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion.
- Normal office environment.
- Open to remote candidates.