Intermediate Accountant, Mortgage Loans - Aegon AM
- Daily cash balancing of accounting transactions for various clients and booking the appropriate general ledger entries as needed.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for clients according to each Servicing Agreement.
- Preparing monthly reconciliations and updating them in the appropriate system.
- Calculating and processing preliminary and final payoffs.
- Adhere to aggressive deadlines at month-end and quarter-end.
- Identifies, participates, and contributes ideas for success in relation to assigned work, projects, or other process enhancements.
- Understands the flow of information, financial systems, appropriate reporting tools and uses that knowledge to troubleshoot problems.
- Responsible for adherence to the company’s framework of internal controls.
- May assist in documenting business processes, identifying controls and deficiencies in business processes, testing of identified controls, and mapping of internal financial statements to business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent education / experience.
- Knowledge of Mortgage Loans or Investments.
- Ability to handle fast paced deadline-driven office environment.
- Detail oriented, accurate and analytical.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing to all audiences.
- Ability to work effectively individually and within a team with general supervision.
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and PDF.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.