Senior Counsel, Real Estate Private Equity - Aegon AM
- Review, comment on and negotiate real estate private equity documents, including Letters of Intent, Limited Partnership Agreements and Fund Agreements.
- Lead all aspects of the legal due diligence process for individual transactions.
- Facilitates closings of real estate private equity transactions.
- Lead post-closing asset management matters which require legal involvement, including asset dispositions.
- Structure new private equity funds.
- Manage the due diligence process for admitting new transactions into funds.
- Respond to investor counsel questions and comments.
- Possesses real estate private equity subject matter expertise, with some knowledge of corporate law, tax law, commercial real estate transactions.
- Studies proposed and existing legislation affecting the Company and advises departments concerned.
- Prepares corporate resolutions and forms.
- Guards against legal risks involving the company.
- Work may be reviewed.
- JD degree required.
- State bar admission.
- 4+ years of real estate private equity experience.
- Broad commercial real estate transactional experience including Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), commercial mortgage loan or agricultural mortgage loan experience.
- Ability to provide quality legal services, based on experience, while working in a fast moving environment with little oversight.
- Ability to handle full workload in efficient manner. Demonstrate project tracking and prioritization to balance multiple projects with shifting priorities, including status reporting and appropriate follow up.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment in combination with legal analysis.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and adapt to varying customer needs; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust.
- Ability to work well independently, with a remote team.
- Travel occasionally required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives, and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.