Head of Insurance and Solutions - Aegon AM
- Responsible for developing investment policies, alongside heads of Fixed Income desks that facilitate the effective delivery of AAM activity to our largest client, Transamerica.
- Influences the design of investment strategy to ensure optimal asset allocation on behalf of clients.
- Lead and manage a team of investment and implementation professionals across multiple US locations.
- Reports to the Global CIO and is an important contributor to the CIO management team and global management board.
- Acts as a strategic partner and is closely connected to the firm's distribution and client services teams to ensure optimization of portfolios.
- Advise on and construct asset portfolios with attractive risk/reward characteristics versus liabilities to maximize yield and capital efficiency in collaboration with affiliate insurance and third-party clients.
- Develop and maintain a significant network across the firm and affiliates to create collaboration and business opportunities, delivering solutions and highlighting opportunities for internal and external clients.
- Drive delivery of total return of assets versus liability benchmark, purchase yields (or spreads) and the evolution of asset allocation across public and private asset classes in line with the needs of the client.
- Bachelors degree and fifteen or more years of progressive leadership experience within the bond markets and particularly within the insurance industry.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of major fixed income asset class sectors, such as corporates, mortgage-backed, asset-backed, high yield, and loan markets across the credit quality spectrum.
- Strong understanding of illiquid debt market sectors and real assets and how they can be used in Asset Liability Management and yield seeking solutions along with knowledge of fixed income portfolio management techniques.
- Significant investment and market knowledge across US public and private debt capital markets, with a strong knowledge of the use of less liquid assets in insurance company balance sheets is desirable.
- Excellent stakeholder manager across internal and external constituencies.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas and client requirements. Strong explanation and advocacy skills for investment and solutions ideas both up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Motivated self-starter and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Have a well-established and effective network of investment and insurance solutions contacts that allows you to be at the forefront of industry thinking.
- MBA, CFA, and/or FSA.
- Actuarial experience.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.