Senior Tactical Portfolio Manager - Aegon AM
- Construct asset portfolios for the business units that have attractive risk/reward characteristics versus liabilities, and that will enhance the value of the business.
- Accountable for Total Return of Assets versus Liability Benchmark, Purchase Yields (or spreads), and Business Unit Earnings & Growth.
- Manages multi-billion dollar fixed income asset portfolios: generally, the largest, most visible, and most complex portfolios.
- Allocates portfolio assets among fixed income sectors (as well as equity sectors).
- Works with and through traders (asset specialists) to purchase securities.
- Works extensively with senior business unit managers on portfolio management teams to establish investment strategies.
- Reports to the head of the Portfolio Management Group.
- May or may not have analysts or other support staff reporting to them.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of most major fixed income sectors, such as corporates, mortgage-backeds, asset-backeds, and high yield.
- Knowledge of fixed income portfolio management techniques.
- Considerable expertise with asset-liability management within life insurance companies, and extensive knowledge of life insurance products.
- Ten or more years of fixed income trading, or portfolio management experience, particularly within the insurance industry achieving consistently strong results.
- Consistent track record as a money manager.
- Actuarial experience
- MBA, CFA, and/or FSA
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.