Head of Public Relations
- Oversee the PR team and the development and execution of strategic communications plans that advance business objectives and influence public opinion, as well as enhance corporate reputation.
- Drive consistent press coverage and exposure and oversee regular reporting of key metrics.
- Serve as a company spokesperson and respond to media inquiries in a prompt manner.
- Manage crisis communications.
- Serve as a community and industry ambassador for the organization.
- Stay up to date on communications trends and industry news, contributing insights and helping to identify opportunities to create greater impact through strategic communications while increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Address gaps in media strategy and opportunities to strengthen media relationships.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from internal and executive communications, brand and marketing, government and policy affairs, legal and compliance, and other business teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or related field
- 15 years of communications experience, including at least 5 years in a senior public relations role (in house or agency)
- Financial services industry experience
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, as well as successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high impact placements
- Ability to quickly recognize and capitalize on breaking news and market developments, with attention to detail and superb execution skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and influence senior executives, as well as direct and indirect reports and peers
- Ability to align messaging across internal and external communications and create efficiencies to amplify messaging
- Strong writing and editing skills, as well as experience developing compelling pitches
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work quickly under pressure, handling and prioritizing multiple assignments
- Experience in working with business-to-business and business-to-consumer companies
- Recognized as a team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Good judgement and ability to deal with sensitive/confidential matters
- Master’s degree or APR accreditation
- Expertise in life insurance and retirement
- Office or hybrid office environment
- Occasional travel
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The US salary for this position generally ranges between $175,000 - $215,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally in the US, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.
What You Receive:
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package.
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of persons and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.