Associate Actuary - Fixed Annuities
- Assist in monthly statutory valuation, reporting, and controls
- Perform quarterly IFRS17, Financial Plan/Budget, Cash Flow Testing and C3P1 modeling with associated reporting and controls
- Perform quarterly attribution analysis to understand and quantify the various drivers for reserve and STAT/IFRS earnings projections movements from period to period
- Conduct and analyze various IFRS17, Financial Plan, Cash Flow Testing, and C3P1 sensitivity tests
- Participate in annual blue book reporting and surveys
- Assist in annual asset adequacy testing
- Collaborate with multiple functions (IT, Model Development, and Model Integrity) and follow proper change management protocol to implement quarterly model changes, enhancements, and assumption updates
- Interact with stakeholders across the business to provide advice and technical expertise
- Identify and execute upon opportunities for process improvement
- Maintain current process documentation
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of MG-ALFA, VBA, SQL, and Alteryx are pluses.
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules and other compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $112,000- $148,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2 and other applicable local regulations.
This position is also typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion.
- Normal office environment.
- Limited travel may be required.