Director, Variable Annuities Valuation (Actuarial)
- Lead reporting, analysis and presentation to executive leaders on the integrated results for variable annuities including interaction with ALM & hedging teams on analytics.
- Prepare and present key actuarial information to advise Senior Management to make properly informed decisions.
- Lead and guide the work of other actuaries doing the most complex technical actuarial tasks requiring significant knowledge and experience.
- Provide guidance and advice regarding technical actuarial issues such as pricing rates, modeling methodology, reserving principles, assumption setting and related matters.
- Create and drive key projects to completion by providing leadership and direction to individuals both inside and outside the organization. Generally, leads several key recurring projects throughout the year.
- Lead the development of actuarial talent within the organization.
- May represent the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field, and 10+ years of related actuarial experience. In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master’s in a listed discipline and 8 years’ experience. FSA and American Academy of Actuaries membership.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Exhibits effective management skills to motivate and develop a staff.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Understand company priorities and adapt to changing needs.
- Solid understanding of capital markets and risk/return profiles of various assets.
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry and operations or functional area supported.
- Qualified to offer Statement of Actuarial Opinions and other Specific Qualification Standards relevant to the NAIC filings
- Experience with GAAP or IFRS17 valuation, preferably variable annuities. Experience with actuarial modeling software.
- Knowledge/experience with valuation of derivatives and other asset classes is a plus.
- Outstanding communications skills for a geographically dispersed audience
- Ability to create effective relationships, influence and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational level.
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The US salary for this position generally ranges between $178,000 - $236,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally in the US, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.
What You Receive:
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package.
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of persons and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment. #LI-Remote #IND123