Staff Actuary - UL Model Development
- Lead the model maintenance for the LA UL and Consolidated UL models, including developing, testing, and documenting the changes, making the changes in the model and performing the necessary controls, and interpreting and communicating results.
- Performs actuarial modeling and analyses to assist in the valuation of the LAUL block, including preparing and analyzing quarterly and annual results and assisting in earnings presentations with management.
- Provides reports and analyses to management on persistency and mortality experience for various product lines, reserve adequacy, risk management information, or various other similar items.
- Modernize and maintain current documentation of the LAUL modeling processes, including quarter end, unlocking, and cash flow testing.
- Continue to adapt to the new accounting regime (IFRS 17).
- Assist as needed with financial analysis related to the LAUL product line.
- Maintains thorough documentation of actuarial research and analyses.
- May represent the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators.
- May supervise a small team of employees.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 5 years of relevant experience. In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
- ASA or equivalent professional designation.
- Demonstrates high quality judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Experience using GGY Axis and MoSes.
- Programming skills including SQL, VBA, and Alteryx.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Normal office environment.
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $95,000 - $125,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment. #LI-remote #IND123