Online Learning and Development Intern (Fall 2024)
Application Instructions: Please include a link to your portfolio or at least 3 samples of your relevant instructional design work.
Working Environment & Program Dates:
- Full-time hours: Candidates must be able to work ~ 40 hours/week during the 16 week fall internship program (mid-August to mid-December)
- Remote work environment
What You Will Do:
You will be responsible for content design and creation of online learning experiences and courseware related to organizational culture, leadership competencies, and other enterprise-wide learning topics as assigned. You will provide a unique and valued perspective as a fresh set of eyes, identifying alternate approaches to modern learning experiences. Your primary responsibility is the development of e-learning courses and resources using state of the art SCORM compliant authoring tools. You will design, develop, and deliver creative online learning experiences to influence cultural transformation. The projects assigned are moderately complex and require collaborative development with subject matter experts in various areas of our business and the Learning and Development team.
What You Will Learn:
You will be working with and supported by a team of ambitious and engaged learning professionals who will support you in bringing your fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of learning and training methodologies. You will learn what it means to work for a company that focuses on business results and engagement as it relates to learning and development, helping us to transform and grow our business to maintain Transamerica’s reputation as an industry leader.
What Success Looks Like:
- Be a fresh perspective to identify process improvements and or revisions for existing courses.
- Develop and create eLearning courses using educational technologies and leading development tools. Create course design plans, create storyboards, create content, and develop/execute knowledge assessments.
- Share your experience with emerging technologies that can be applied today.
- Interact with subject matter experts to identify, curate, and develop content for eLearning courses.
- Adapt existing instructor led workshops (materials, job aids, etc.) to meet learning needs for an online learning approach. Work with instructors of live events to create blended learning coursework.
- Perform quality assurance checks for courses being developed and the platform they reside on.
- Provide feedback on various initiatives.
What You Need:
- Candidates must be actively pursuing a master’s degree in Human and Organizational Performance, Instructional Design, Training and Development, Human Resource Management, Adult Education (Corporate) or a similar degree
- Internships are not available for students who have completed their college education or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools (e.g. Articulate, Rise, Captivate, Vyond, Lectora, Photoshop, Camtasia, etc.)
- Good understanding of instructional design methods, adult learning theory and web-based training.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with strong attention to detail.
- Creativity to develop engaging online courses using novel approaches to subject matter.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet project deadlines.
- Experience in eLearning development, instructional design, or appropriate combination of experience and education in content development in a professional learning environment.
- A hunger for learning.
- Experience with multi-media production and/or audio video production.
- Graphic design experience.
- Basic understanding of Learning Management Systems.
Rewards & Compensation:
In addition to gaining exposure to the financial services and insurance industry, students gain access to intern exclusive events and networking opportunities throughout the semester while receiving a competitive compensation.
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The salary for this position generally ranges between $20 - $25 per hour. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.