Head of Financial Risk Management
- Ensure financial risks are managed through effective review, constructive challenge, and meaningful discussion with business leaders emphasizing transparent decision-making in alignment with the established risk management framework and governance. Establish productive relationships with risk owners, ensure appropriate data-driven analysis supports decisions, and actively participate in risk governance forums.
- Operate in a leadership capacity in alignment with the CRO to communicate appropriate updates on financial risks to key internal and external stakeholders. Maintain a pulse on top financial risks to Transamerica and communicate messages targeted to specific audiences in a relatable, transparent way.
- Manage financial risk management staff in meeting department functional goals. Clarify priorities and expectations, empower and guide the team, identify and develop key talent.
- Enhance risk modeling capabilities to provider richer and quicker directional insights.
- Represent Financial Risk in committees and provide opinion on issues based on independent analysis and insight. Act as a subject matter expert within Risk and a respected partner for the business.
- Work closely with global Head of Financial Risk on maintenance of ERM framework, including risk methodology, financial risk policies, and risk strategy in defining risk preference and setting risk limits.
- Provide leadership and support to enhance ALM initiatives and help to embed the ALM standards of practice.
- Provide oversight of existing ALM practices, including compliance monitoring and independent modelling.
- Produce financial risk reporting to governance committees, Boards, and internal/external stakeholders.
- Provide expertise and supports the business in analyzing financial risks in asset and product portfolios.
- Act as strategic business partner on financial risk topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, actuarial, economics, mathematics or related field
- 12 of experience in financial risk management, financial management, or related area
- Eight years of experience in the insurance industry
- Knowledge and experience in investment and mismatch risk management, derivatives, insurance products, and insurance valuation principles
- Forward thinker able to place risks and decisions in context of strategic impacts and anticipate emerging risks
- Ability to understand the audience and craft communications that effectively tell the story
- Analytical skills to understand complex problems, frame appropriate questions, and determine when analysis is sufficient to support decisions
- Leadership skills to influence at the highest levels and manage relationships throughout the organization
- Decision making ability to integrate diverse perspectives to drive best outcome
- Integrity to uphold risk management principles and mandates
- Ability to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement
- Strong planning, prioritizing and goal setting skills
- Advanced degree in finance, actuarial, economics, mathematics or related field
- Professional certifications (e.g. FSA, CFA)
- Background in an international insurance corporate setting
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $275,000-$350,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.