Senior Writer - Marketing Services
What We Believe: Our brand platform is optimistic and practical. We help people look forward and plan for the best life possible while providing tools and solutions that make it easier to get there. We provide a broad suite of supplemental healthcare products to help meet the needs of an evolving workforce and help employees live their best lives.
Financial professionals, brokers, employers, employees.
What You Need to Do:
- Write, proofread, and edit communication materials for product brochures and flyers, social media, video scripts, whitepaper and newsletter articles, presentations, etc.
- Collaborate with internal partners/business areas to develop and execute initiatives throughout their distribution channels. Demonstrate the ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Coordinate with project manager, compliance, and legal to ensure adherence to copy approval processes.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable business procedures, products, industry news, and developments
- Help manage activities with outsourced agency or freelance relationships.
What You Will Learn: You will be working with a team of highly creative professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of
What Success Looks Like: This role requires the ability to roll up your sleeves and craft narratives emphasizing our brand message within the Workplace Solutions / Employee Benefits division, as well as the review and editing of other writers’ work. You will become a subject matter expert in your assigned channels. We need you to be an agent for collaboration — advocating for and managing relational activities with a wide range of key stakeholders including sales, compliance, the broader marketing team, and related business partners.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills across a range of media (e.g., social, print, video, presentations) and styles from conceptual to journalistic
- Five years of writing and editing experience using traditional and digital formats
- Ability to manage assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to accept feedback
- Experience in the financial services/insurance industry.
- Knowledge and/or experience with supplemental healthcare products/employee benefit products
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $75,000- $89,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
This position is also typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion.
- Work from Home
- Office environment
- Occasional travel
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Health package. It’s our passion to empower people to add more years to their lives and more life to their years – especially our employees.
Competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits package; pension plan, 401K match, tuition reimbursement, disability insurance, employee discounts, career training & development opportunities, Advanced Certification sponsorship.
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits: Be Well company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes wellness coaching and reward dollars, parental leave, adoption assistance, Employee Assistance Program, college coach program, back-up care program, paid time off to volunteer, employee matching gifts program, employee resource groups, inclusion and diversity programs, and employee recognition program.
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally — and feel valued for the work you do
Sr Creative Services Writer-Editor
Develop a broad range of creative content to reinforce brand and product positioning, tone, and accuracy of content across company channels and platforms. Lead a variety of initiatives and programs for internal and external audiences.
Write and edit targeted and compelling copy for a variety of sales channels, collateral and audiences (employees and customers).
Collaborate with internal partners/business areas to develop and execute initiatives throughout their distribution channels.
Write, proofread and edit marketing and communication materials such as product brochures, sales and internal e-mails, website content, social, podcasts, sales flyers, newsletter articles and blogs, direct mail pieces, announcements, video scripts, presentations, etc.
Coordinate with Legal and Brand to ensure adherence to copy approval processes.
Help manage activities with outsourced agency or freelance relationships.
Maintain a working knowledge of applicable business, procedures, products, industry news and developments.
Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
Five years of writing and editing experience using traditional and digital formats
Thorough understanding of digital content best practices and content management systems (CMS)
Excellent writing and editing skills across a range of media (e.g., web, print, video, presentations) and styles from conceptual to journalistic
Research skills and attention to detail
Ability to manage assignments under pressure of deadlines
Interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
Experience in the financial services industry