Sr Manager, Marketing, Portfolio Management ( Work From Home)
- Define and establish strategic planning processes, plans, priorities, capabilities, measures of success, etc. across the CX and Marketing organization.
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new marketing planning and portfolio optimization opportunities.
- Lead team in implementation of new or updated processes
- Develop and/or maintain strategic roadmap and assigned strategic dashboards/tracking mechanisms.
- Ensure that resources are well utilized, and expenses are properly tracked.
- Manage the timing of inputs/outputs that drive strategic project prioritization.
- Coordinate with strategic planning contacts across the organization (including the PMO as a key stakeholder) to contribute to a holistic strategic planning process.
- Serve as the escalation point to resolve conflicts on priorities, goals, strategies, resources and key initiatives.
- Ensure that marketing unit financial goals and budget are met.
- Actively/effectively assist with developing all employees and their potential for success.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations.
- Assess marketing initiatives including product launches, advertising campaigns, content marketing efforts, social media events and understand channel/division priorities.
- Develop process to help prioritize marketing initiatives based on their strategic importance and potential impact. Some initiatives may be categorized as "core" while others as "experimental" or "low priority."
- Ensure strategic alignment and that each marketing initiative aligns with the company’s overall business objectives and marketing strategy. The initiatives should contribute to the achievement of specific goals such as increased brand awareness, lead generation, cross sales or customer retention.
- Oversee resource allocation (budget, personnel, technology) for each marketing initiative based on its strategic importance and expected impact outlining which efforts require a larger budget or staff/agency support.
- Collect and review KPIs relevant to each channel/COE initiative and provide a monthly/quarterly readout on performance for leadership and stakeholders. Work with teams to identify how to optimize initiatives based on results. Make adjustments as needed to reallocate resources, change strategies, or even discontinue underperforming initiatives.
Other Skills required:
- Inform stakeholders about the progress and performance of marketing initiatives. Regular communication and transparency are critical to ensuring that everyone involved is on the same page.
- Utilize marketing technology and tools to streamline the management of your marketing portfolio. This may include project management software, analytics tools, and marketing automation platforms.
- Lead a team of specialists to execute the portfolio management strategy effectively.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to portfolio management to ensure that the organization's practices remain competitive and current.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Eight years' experience in Marketing or Financial Services/Insurance
- Thorough knowledge of business problem solving principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services/insurance
- Ability to create and manage to budgets
- Significant leadership experience with emphasis in new initiatives/innovation
- Staff management and development
- Highly motivated, detail oriented and effective communicator at a senior leadership level
- Hands on development and managerial experience in large-scale, high-volume, and complex environments preferred.
- Understanding of LEAN Six Sigma methodology.
- Strategic marketing planning experience in a similar environment or in a planning/consultant role.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization to guide in strategic planning fundamentals and plan execution.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to plan strategy, tactics and perform root cause analysis.
- Familiarity with project management and portfolio/KPI reporting and dashboards.
- Proficiency using MS Office tools.
*Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The salary for this position generally ranges between $120,000 - $135,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus of 20% based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.
This job description is not a contract of employment nor for any specific job responsibilities. The Company may change, add to, remove, or revoke the terms of this job description at its discretion. Managers may assign other duties and responsibilities as needed. In the event an employee or applicant requests or requires an accommodation to perform job functions, the applicable HR Business Partner should be contacted to evaluate the accommodation request.
This job description is not a contract of employment nor for any specific job responsibilities. The Company may change, add to, remove, or revoke the terms of this job description at its discretion. Managers may assign other duties and responsibilities as needed. In the event an employee or applicant requests or requires an accommodation in order to perform job functions, the applicable HR Business Partner should be contacted to evaluate the accommodation request.