Associate Actuary - Traditional Life Valuation and Modeling
- Provides reports and analyses to management on sales, persistency and mortality or morbidity experience for various product lines, reserve adequacy, risk management information, or various other similar items.
- Manages studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and provides assumptions and data to others
- Supports the team converting the block to an AXIS valuation and projection model by providing reserve and assumption analysis
- Presents financial results and explain earnings variations on the block quarterly.
- May support creation of systems specifications, contracts, commission structures, and other actuarial aspects of product development.
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace.
- May represent the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators.
- May supervise a small team of employees.
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including spreadsheets, statistical programs and database applications
- Knowledge of actuarial projection software (MoSes, AXIS or equivalent)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey complex mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences
- Extensive knowledge of Traditional life insurance products
- Good working knowledge of IFRS (GAAP), Statutory and Tax valuation principles along with financial reporting requirements including FAS 60, FAS 97
- Ability to contribute effectively within large project teams
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects with a high level of focus and organization
- Finds creative solutions to standardize and automate processes
- Effectively deals with change and maintains effectiveness when working under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organizational and prioritization skills
- Power user of Excel including VBA and considerable expertise with database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL, or equivalent technology).
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $130,000 - $150,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
This position is also typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion.
- Normal office environment.
- Limited travel may be required