Associate Director, Community Investments - LIHTC - Aegon AM
- Make sound investment recommendations and present to real estate investment committee for approval
- Prepare investment committee packages
- Perform financial modeling
- Review project documents; identify risks and understand tax related Low Income Housing Tax Credit issues
- Research and evaluate market data, which may require travel to review comparable real estate sites in the market, site visits on proposed investments along with developers’ existing projects
- Coordinate with internal and external consultants on due diligence reviews
- Collect and review project-specific documentation and work with internal and external counsel to achieve a timely close
- Work with and provide information, as needed to the Distribution and Client Management group and respond to investor inquiries as necessary
- Responsible for training, assigning tasks and managing the work product of junior staff
- Special projects will be assigned as needed by manager
- Undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in finance, accounting, mathematics, real estate, business and/or economics
- Four years of work experience in real estate with a focus on multifamily housing
- Solid understanding of Excel and Word
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment as well as work independently
- Ability to travel on a limited basis
- Four years of work experience underwriting affordable housing transactions
- Strong aspirations to develop origination skills and pursue a career path focused on underwriting and acquisitions
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.