Director, Fund Management - Aegon AM
- Lead the team of financial analysts in the structuring and optimization of financial models to support the tax credit platform and ensure adherence to mandate/fund provisions.
- Supervise modeling of newly closed transactions, true-ups, annual calculations and potential transactions.
- Use a detailed understanding of the LIHTC business, including proprietary and multi-investor funds, to develop financial reports and sophisticated models for forecasting, trending and results analysis to meet investor requirements.
- Streamline processes by crafting more efficient methods of gathering, sorting and accessing data.
- Participate in Fund closing process including final review of legal documents, closing models, and investor deliverables.
- Interpret tax credit transactions, support fund design and ongoing fund management, and events for investors; may offer recommendations to those making economic or business decisions.
- Direct/review preparation of internal management reports and external investor reporting.
- Develop investor analysis and trend reporting and provide updates to senior management.
- Develop solutions and tools to leverage the platform and the investor experience.
- Communicate regular updates to real assets portfolio managers, leadership, acquisitions and asset management heads including presentations, executive summaries, and critical metric progress.
- Work across functions to obtain and synthesize information from the deal teams, reporting and accounting teams.
- Be an operational leader with vision for existing and prospect investors.
- Lead the team providing daily support to prospective and current investors across the Global Real Asset Tax Credit platform.
- Manage, lead and support team members including hiring, training, coaching, ongoing career development, performance management, and succession planning; ensures staff demonstrates appropriate customer service demeanor.
- Responsible for adhering to Company’s framework of internal controls, monitoring compliance to regulatory policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting, real estate, or relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Eight years of real estate experience, including real estate equity and/or real estate debt products, quantitative analysis, real estate finance or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate investment strategy via investor presentations.
- Deep financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive; act with vitality with internal and external investor requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and accomplish tasks with little oversight.
- Proficiency using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- MBA or other relevant post-graduate degree.
- Financial modeling experience.
- Investran software experience.
- Office or hybrid office/remote environment.
- Occasional travel for investor meetings.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.