Senior Counsel - LIHTC - Aegon AM
- Review, comment on and negotiate LIHTC and real estate private equity documents, including Letters of Intent, Limited Partnership Agreements and Fund Agreements.
- Engage with outside tax counsel, review tax opinions.
- Oversee the legal due diligence process for individual transactions.
- Facilitates closings of LIHTC and real estate private equity transactions.
- Manage post-closing asset management matters which require legal involvement.
- Structure new tax credit funds for syndication.
- Manage the due diligence process for admitting new transactions into funds.
- Respond to investor counsel questions and comments.
- Possesses LIHTC equity subject matter expertise, with some knowledge of corporate law, tax law, commercial real estate transactions and housing tax credit transactions.
- Studies proposed and existing legislation affecting the Company and advises departments concerned.
- Prepares corporate resolutions and forms.
- Guards against legal risks involving the company.
- Work may be reviewed.
- JD degree required.
- State bar admission.
- 4+ years of experience.
- 4+ years of LIHTC equity experience.
- 4+ years of real estate private equity experience.
- Ability to provide quality legal services, based on experience, while working in a fast paced environment with little oversight.
- Ability to handle heavy workload in efficient manner. Demonstrate project tracking and prioritization to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities, including status reporting and appropriate follow up.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment in combination with legal analysis.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and adapt to varying customer needs; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust.
- Ability to work well independently, with a remote team.
- Travel occasionally required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.