Regional Mgr - Branch Supervision (Western US Territory)
- Provide direct supervision of Branch Office Supervisors and Registered Representatives for broker dealer and investment advisory functions; provide supervision, guidance, advice, and training.
- Maintain files required by the WSPs to be maintained at the branch location for each Branch Office Supervisor and Registered Representatives.
- Assist in the creation of new branch offices and the development of existing offices.
- Participate in regulatory examinations within the assigned region.
- Review and accept or deny requests for non-registered locations.
- Monitor the activities of Branch Office Supervisors, Registered Representatives and NRLs within the region in accordance with the Firm’s written supervisory procedures.
- Monitor the performance of Branch Office Supervisors to ensure they are able to properly supervise the number of Registered Representatives assigned to them.
- Designate, reviews and remove Branch Office Supervisor status as needed.
- Makes decisions for acceptance or denial of new applicants and, when necessary, for the suspension or termination of Branch Office Supervisors and Registered Representatives.
- Visit branch offices periodically to review and monitor for adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Review annual audit report and implement procedural changes to ensure that identified deficiencies are not repeated.
- Reviews written correspondence and communications with the public in accordance with company policies as needed.
- Review and approve, or deny, outside business activities and private securities transactions requested by Branch Office Supervisors and Registered Representatives.
- Perform final review and acceptance of Form U4s for applicants, including interviews with the sponsoring Branch Office Supervisor and/or applicant, and/or requests for additional supporting documentation. Approve/recommend Heightened Supervisory Agreement (HSA), or refer to Special Review Committee.
- Implement, monitor, and dissolve HSAs within the region.
- Review and accept, or deny, requests from Branch Office Supervisors for assignments or reassignments of Registered Representatives.
- Monitor Registered Representatives compliance with Firm and regulatory continuing education requirements.
- Review and monitor Branch Office Supervisor and Field Representative completion and compliance with the Firm’s annual compliance meeting and Firm element requirements
- Review and monitor Branch Office Supervisor and Field Representative emails to ensure compliance with Firm policies.
- Handle calls and inquires during regions office hours to ensure inquiries are resolved satisfactorily, including incoming calls on the RBM call line.
- Refer to and provide input to the Compliance Division on regulatory violations, sales practice improprieties, or actual or potential violations of Firm policies and/or regulatory requirements as needed.
- Periodically attend public events conducted by TFA Field Representatives to ensure compliance with Firm policies.
- Create, facilitate and promote Firm training programs as deemed necessary by management.
- Perform additional supervisory and compliance functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience
- Five years of securities industry related experience
- FINRA Series 6 and 26 (and obtain 7 and 24 licenses within one year)
- In-depth knowledge of compliance, suitability issues, securities products, and FINRA regulations
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Facilitation and training experience
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple priorities
- Proficiency using MS Office projects
- FINRA Series 24, 65/66, 53/51
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
- Office environment or work remote from home
- Extensive travel (up to 75%)
- Evening/weekend hours as needed
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The salary for this position generally ranges between $62,000 - $80,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus of 12.5% based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.