Manager, Software Engineering - Commission Systems (Work from Home)
- Lead a team of Software Engineers in working collaboratively with other technology teams and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Perform design and analysis for deliverables. Lead multi-team design sessions.
- Recommend solutions which take into consideration costs, business needs, and system impacts.
- Lead analysis and general architectural design across platforms toward the development of end-to-end solutions.
- Lead committees or projects to help define organization-wide standards, processes, and guidelines.
- Utilize third-party software development frameworks, open-source libraries, and APIs to rapidly develop basic application solutions.
- Develop staff through coaching, provide timely performance feedback and assessments and establish performance and development plans. Mentor current and future leaders, ensuring a constantly rising bar in technical excellence and professional growth.
- Drive a culture of change, excellence and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation. Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption with emphasis on quality and execution.
- Experience with Commissioning and Distributed Support System technologies
- Prior experience in the life insurance and annuities or financial services domains
- Knowledge of on-prem, cloud-based, and mainframe systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, math, engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Six years of experience with database design techniques/philosophies, modern distributed applications, and microservices
- Four years of experience in delivery of large-scale design projects involving interaction with a broad spectrum of enterprise operational functions
- Two years of experience in architecting, building, and administering big data and real-time streaming analytics architecture in both premises and cloud environments
- Strong background in the execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including product/service evaluation, contract negotiations, and on-going relationship management
- Familiarity with modern UI development frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue.js) and web technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, and influence at all levels
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues
- Creative analytical thinker
- Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with PPlus (Performance Plus)
- Understanding of advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology
- Understanding of data mapping and ETL
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $126,000 - $167,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.
- Office environment
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Moderate travel