Senior Data Engineer - AWS (Work from Home)
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, data scientists, analytics teams, and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Architect, build, and support the operation of Cloud and On-Premises enterprise data infrastructure and tools.
- Design robust, reusable, and scalable data driven solutions and data pipeline frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of both structured and unstructured batch and real-time streaming data.
- Build data APIs and data delivery services to support critical operational processes, analytical models and machine learning applications.
- Assist in selection and integration of data related tools, frameworks, and applications required to expand platform capabilities.
- Understand and implement best practices in management of enterprise data, including master data, reference data, metadata, data quality and lineage.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, engineering, or relevant technical field
- Four years of collective experience in the application of data engineering, data analytics, data warehousing, business intelligence, database administration, and data integration concepts and methodologies
- Three years of experience architecting, building, and administering big data and real-time streaming analytics architectures in on-premises and cloud environments
- Two years of experience architecting, building, and administering large-scale distributed applications
- Two years of experience with Linux operations and development, including basic commands and shell scripting
- Two years of experience with execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Expertise in SQL for data profiling, analysis, and extraction
- Familiarity with data science techniques and frameworks
- Strong technical communication skills
- Master’s degree in a technical field (e.g. computer science, math, engineering)
- Solid understanding of big data and real time streaming analytics processing architecture and ecosystems
- Practical experience with data warehousing architecture and implementation, including hands on experience with source to target mappings and developing ETL code
- Experience with data analysis and using data visualization tools to describe data
- Relevant technology or platform certification (AWS, Microsoft, etc.)
- Software development experience in relevant programming languages (i.e. Java, Python, Scala, Node.js)
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $85,000 - $113,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.
- Office environment
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Moderate travel