Specialist, Software Engineering (Work from Home)
- Lead analysis and complex architectural design across platforms toward the development of end-to-end solutions; translate architectural guidance into detailed technical design.
- Lead committees or projects to help define organization-wide standards, processes, and guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with other development staff, including contract and offshore Software Engineers, and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Code, test, identify, implement, and document solutions to business challenges utilizing web and cloud technologies.
- Perform design and analysis for deliverables. Lead large team design sessions.
Serve as a subject matter expert for a wide range of areas, applications, and technologies;
- Recommend solutions which take into consideration costs, business needs, and system impacts. Utilize third-party software development frameworks, open-source libraries, and APIs to rapidly develop basic application solutions.
- Lead web development staff, including contract and off-shore developers; may have supervisory responsibility over employees.
- Learn and keep pace with the latest advances in the field and rapidly grasp new technologies to support the environment and
contribute to project deliverables.
- Prepare presentations and lead development meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, math, engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- 6 years of experience with development languages e.g. C#, Java, Python, PHP
- Unqork certification - minimum level Associate Configurator or experience with other Low code and no code application configuration/development experience
- Understanding of SQL programming and relational databases
- Deep understanding and experience of developing digital applications
- Experience working through the software development life cycle (waterfall/Agile) across all phases including design, development, testing, implementation, deployment, maintenance
- Knowledge of coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing and operations
- Understanding of REST and SOAP integrations
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities and Solutions-oriented mindset
- Advanced understanding of software development and research tools Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with building proofs of concept
- Experience working in an onsite-offshore model
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $120,000 - $150,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.
- Office environment
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Occasional travel