Sr Life Underwriter
- Proven competency at all job tasks and expectations of Underwriter and Intermediate Underwriter.
- Influential with immediate team and other peer groups of Underwriters.
- Shows initiative in daily tasks, does not need direction to be productive. Initiative also in assisting team and Underwriting Department.
- Good sense of organization, who to go to, to get questions answered. Understands own role within the team and how their actions impact broader team and organizational success.
- Shows willingness to question established practices and challenge others in a professional manner.
- Continually looks for ways to improve upon processes. Willingness to volunteer to lead and execute department/functional project.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Minimum of 4 years life or health underwriting experience.
- Demonstrated skill in AWD or similar system, MS Office skills, risk assessment skills and strong platform skills.
- Minimum of two LOMA classes, working toward FLMI designation. Have completed the AALU Certification, while working towards FALU.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills when working with different levels of both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to meet high productivity demands for self and staff.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and possibly work in remote setting with virtual environment and team.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits (including a 401(k) plan with no vesting requirements, fully funded pension plan where the company contributes 5% of your base salary), remote work and many more benefits!
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
The salary for this position is generally $75K to 95K. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at 10%.
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.