Aegon understands that there is much more to every one of us than you first realize. That is why Aegon's approach to inclusion and diversity creates an environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Our inclusion & diversity approach is designed to support and enrich our culture, encourage employee participation, improve organizational effectiveness and strengthen understanding of our customers' values. This approach also supports the Code of Conduct by raising awareness of our unconscious biases within a global training program and by encouraging personal accountability for making the workplace more inclusive.
- Women make up 49% of Aegon's workforce
- In 2019, Transamerica was added to the Diversity Best Practices Inclusion index
- Women accounted for 29% of our senior management in 2019
- Aegon supports company-wide groups like Aegon Proud and Young Aegon
- In 2020, we completed roll out of Unconscious Bias training to all employees through a series of virtual learnings and inclusion nudges
- Transamerica is ranked as one of the best places to work for LGBT employees
I believe including multiple and diverse perspectives is critical. This makes debates richer and it leads to better decisions. I want people from all walks of life to feel included at Aegon."Lard Friese, CEO Aegon