Aegon Center for Longevity and Retirement's (ACLR) mission is to conduct research, educate the public and contribute to a global dialogue on trends, issues and opportunities surrounding longevity, population aging and retirement security. Our insights also help us in assisting customers, now and in the future.
Today's workers find themselves in a different world to that of their parents: government-sponsored retirement plans are under severe financial strain and traditional defined benefits plans offered by employers are disappearing. Individuals are expected to take on increasing risk and responsibility to self fund a greater portion of their retirement. Since 2018, ACLR has been discussing these changes with a call for a New Social Contract built on the principles of sustainability and solidarity where no one is left behind in preparing for retirement.
Aegon has been conducting research on people's readiness for retirement, longevity, and population aging since 2012. The Aegon Retirement Readiness Survey is one of the largest surveys of its kind in the world. ACLR works with respected organizations to strengthen its research and outreach capabilities: the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the World Economic Forum, the Global Coalition on Aging and the Leyden Academy on Vitality and Ageing.
- Publishes the Aegon Retirement Readiness Survey global flagship report, thematic reports highlighting vulnerable groups, country reports, and articles.
- Produces video content to bring research to life and share it on social media.
- Creates infographic series to complement the reports by making the stories more visual, interactive and shareable.
- Talks about retirement readiness and issues affecting aging populations at major events such as the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Forum, World Economic Forum, AARP and the Global Coalition on Aging.
- Featured in various international news outlets including the New York Times, Financial Times and The Guardian.